Followers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jimmy Loves - San Diego, CA

I just came back from a fabulous weekend in San Diego with some of my friends.  We went down there for the weekend to celebrate my friend Dee Dee's bachelorette party and one thing she really wanted to do was go to Jimmy Loves in the Gaslamp District.  I know now why she wanted to go there.  Not only was it a pretty decent place for dinner, but it became a really fun place to be at night.

Now mind you, we decided to have a bunch of appetizers and not really pick things from the true dinner menu.  I decided to get the shrimp quesadilla which was really yummy!  It came with salsa fresca and salsa verde on the side... the verde being one of my favorites.  Others in our group ordered the chicken quesadilla, sliders, artichoke dip, chicken lettuce wraps, coconut shrimp, etc.  I would recommend trying to go during happy hour so you can order these appetizers at half price (ends at 7pm I believe).

The drinks were average.  Expensive and small as usual when you are downtown.  Specialty cocktails are around $12 each... not too surprising for me.  Our waitress rocked though (her name was Cyn) and she kept the drinks flowing the entire night.  At one point she even gave us free drinks since our order was taking so long!  If she's working when you visit, make sure to sit in her serving area since she is so awesome!

Do you have a favorite bar you like to go to?  A penny for your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment