Followers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Sanrio Small Gift Event - Santa Monica, CA

What can I say... I love Hello Kitty!  When I was younger, my mom used to reward me with Sanrio merchandise for good grades.  I loved picking out all the school supplies... the pencils, pens, notebooks, etc.  Decades later and this kitty still has a special place in my heart.  Here are my thoughts on the Small Gift Event that is touring the nation:

*The line for merchandise was the longest line at the event!  When we finally got inside, I found out why there was still so much stuff left to buy... it was very expensive.  By very expensive I mean that a backpack cost $180.  And no, it wasn't made of diamonds.  There were a few less expensive items so I was able to buy a couple of souvenirs.  The catch was that they weren't selling any of these things on their website or in their stores.

*The Smart Cars were adorable!  If I had some extra money lying around, I would definitely be buying one and driving it around everywhere!  At around $17,000 a car, I think I'll have to pass on this... for now.

*The mini art gallery was cool to look at.  I don't know if I would have bought any of the art, but I did enjoy it.  The few things the gallery had for sale (small random items) were way overpriced and not worth it in my opinion... things such as shaped soap and a few fashion jewelry pieces.

*The fair booth prizes were not that great.  There were geared towards young children which would have been fine except there were more adults there than children.  They needed to cater to an older crowd.

*Here is my favorite info that I learned at the event... Sephora will be launching a Hello Kitty line of products in January 2011.  Yes, I will probably be lining up for this debut.  ;)

Hello Kitty is still the most popular cat in the world.  What Hello Kitty events or info would you like to share?  A penny for your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment