Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Slaters 50/50 - Anaheim Hills, CA

Wow.  Now I have had people tell me that they know of the best burger joint in town, but this was ridiculous!  If you want an amazing burger (and other types of food also), visit Slaters 50/50 in Anaheim Hills.  I liked bacon before this visit, but now I think I just might be a bacon lover.  Thank you Allison for introducing me to this amazing place!  Here are my thoughts on what you should order when visiting this place:

*You need to try the 50/50 patty.  What is that you ask?  It's a patty made of half of ground beef and half bacon.  Yes, you heard me correctly... half bacon!  I know it may sound a little too greasy, but it is delicious.  Be prepared for it to be well done (because of the bacon), however I noticed my meat was still a little pink the middle.

*If you're gonna do it, do it all the way.  Put the bacon flavored mayo on it.  They don't put it on very heavy, so you might want to ask for a little extra on the side.

*Order the half and half fries... half regular french fries and half sweet potato fries.  They were yummy, but my attention was mostly on the pumpkin flavored dipping sauce on the side.  I know it sounds strange, but sweet potato fries + pumpkin sauce = wow!  Just don't put on the bacon flavored salt.  That's a bad flavor you just can't get away from fast enough.

*Try one of their already styled burgers or make your own.  I decided to make my own: 1/3 pound patty, honey wheat bun, bacon flavored mayo, grilled onions, pesto goat cheese, baby greens, tomato and pickles.  I must say I did a good job with the toppings because my mouth was watering the whole time.

*I recommend the tangerine wheat beer.  If you like Hef or Blue Moon, this will appeal to your palate.

Needless to say, I will be visiting again!  For more information, visit http://www.slaters5050.com/.

Have you been there before?  A penny for your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment