Followers

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Black Swan - Movie

I can see why they are predicting that Natalie Portman might win some awards for her performance in Black Swan.  I'll admit that I was hesitant to watch this movie, but after reading some of the reviews I decided to go ahead and check it out.  After coming out of the theater, I wasn't sure how I was feeling.  Now that I've had some time to think about it, I think it was very well done even though it was a little darker than I usually like.  Here are some of my thoughts on this film:

*Don't go see this with your family.  By this, I mean you might feel slightly uncomfortable watching some of the more adult scenes if you're there with your parents.  Consider yourself warned.  :)

*Consider this somewhat of a psychological thriller.  It's not the type of film where you're sitting on the edge of your seat, but it does mess with your mind a little.  In fact, I think some scenes were developed to make you question what really happened.

*The dancing is pretty amazing.  Kudos to Natalie for spending almost a year preparing for this role and learning ballet.  I know some of the scenes they had a double step in, but the majority of it appears to be her.  Not an easy task especially for this type of movie.

Did you see this film?  Would you recommend it to others?  A penny for your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment