Followers

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Porto's Bakery and Cafe - Downey, CA

My parents have been talking about Porto's for a long time (the one in Burbank I believe) and have brought me a sweet treat from there every now and then.  I have enjoyed the desserts, but it wasn't until recently that I actually decided I needed to see what this place was all about.  If I could sum it up in one word... ahhmaaazziiinnggg!  Yes, that's a real word.  ;)

Here are my thoughts on this treasure of an eatery:

*You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.  Now I didn't eat every single sandwich on the menu, but everything my parents ordered (and we ordered a lot of things) was delicious.

*I would recommend the Cubano sandwich.  It's very yummy and I couldn't get enough of the fried plantain chips.  I'd go there again just to buy more chips!  Surprisingly not very sweet with just a touch of salt... yummy goodness.

*Save room for dessert.  If you're ordering food from the cafe side, you only get to pick from a smaller selection of their desserts.  There's a reason that the bakery side has its own line... there are so many to choose from and they are equally tasty as they are beautiful.  I love the tiramasu and the cheesecake.  Yes, I ordered multiple desserts during this visit... don't judge me.  :)

*It's always busy.  A good sign of a good place to eat is when it's busy during all operating hours.  Porto's is always busy, but very worth the wait.

Go eat at Porto's and do it now... this is one of the best eateries I've ever been to.  Have you been there before?  Have any advice or opinions?  A penny for your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment